The one and only Jane Green is kicking us off again this year with her 5 things. This classy lady is laugh-out-loud funny, solidifying her as one of my favorite authors of all time!
5 Things I Hope to do Before I Die
- Own a Fainting Goat. In my other life (the one in my head), I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere growing all my own vegetables, and being followed around the meadows by a merry band of four-legged creatures. Including these.
- Play a musical instrument like a pro. It’s looking like ukulele is the most likely candidate.
- Finally be happy with my body, whatever size it is (and despite it changing on a regular basis).
- Live on a beach somewhere, surrounded by palm trees and little else other than perhaps a cool tiki bar somewhere down the road.
- Own a storybook thatched cottage in the Cotswolds or Somerset, as a writing retreat.
5 Things I Hope Never to do Before I Die
- Be abducted by aliens. It is one of those ridiculous fears, but still. Even the word “probe” makes me shudder in horror.
- Have to wash skunk smell off the dogs. Or cats. Again.
- Zip-lining. I had no idea I had a fear of heights until they pushed me off the platform high above the canopy of trees in Costa Rica. Never again.
- Wear those gorgeous shoes even when I know they’re too high and too uncomfortable, and spend a miserable evening in pain.
- Bury someone I love.