Becky Monson is a hoot and a half and I don’t mean maybe. I was hooked on her writing in the first paragraph I ever read. Don’t miss out on her brand new release Speak Now! It is quintessential chick-lit at its finest!
To Survive on a Deserted Island:
- Shampoo and deodorant. I hate smelling and detest having dirty hair. Some might say high-maintenance, I say body-aroma-conscious.
- Chocolate. I could never get sick of it. Plus the serotonin would lift my spirits as I awaited my rescue.
- My Kindle. So I could read away the hours. You’re never alone if you have a book. I’d claim I just made that up, but I most likely saw it on some meme on Facebook.
- My iPhone. Because … well if people were allowed to marry an inanimate object, we would so be legally bound by now.
- A picture of my kiddos and my hubz. I would miss them dearly. Maybe for the first ten days or so I would bask in my alone time. Precious, precious alone time. But I’m pretty sure after that I would miss them terribly.
In My Purse at All Times:
- Gum. I like to have a supply handy so I can smack it when I’m around my BFF because I know it annoys her.
- A back-up battery charger for my iPhone. Please see #4 above.
- Chocolate. What better way to shut my screaming kiddo up? Or to give me some serenity when it doesn’t work.
- Lip gloss that I never wear. Seriously. I have like five tubes that are always in my purse that I don’t use and can’t seem to get rid of.
- An old lady pill case for all the many vitamins I take. They haven’t always been a staple in my purse, but my old lady brain kept forgetting to take them, so they are now a permanent fixture.
In My Wardrobe:
- Shoes. Lots of shoes. My husband has four pair, I have like forty … or so. I have a problem.
- Crafts that I will never do. #notcrafty
- Clothes I long to fit into, and are now out of style.
- Chocolate. It’s a fabulous hiding place from sneaky little kids. And frankly, I don’t always feel like sharing.
- My guitar that just keeps gathering dust. I miss it. I should dust it off.
In My Library:
- Lots of pretty pink and blue chick lit-y books.
- Framed prints of my book covers that one of my besties makes every time I write a book. (I heart her)
- A book about how to avoid procrastination that I keep putting off reading.
- Chocolate. Because reading and chocolate go hand in hand. Well, maybe that’s just me.
- Folders of guitar music that I will someday play again, if I could just dust off my guitar. Maybe I should read that procrastination book. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not.
In My Pantry:
- Chocolate. Duh.
- A dead lightbulb, which I have repeatedly asked my husband to change.
- Gadgets and tools for cake decorating that I gave up doing a long time ago.
- Tons of different flavored syrups (the hubz is obsessed).
- Measurements of my kiddos growth over the past few years. We can never sell this house or I would have to take the pantry with me.